Famous Photographers Pose With Their Most Iconic Images
Tim Mantoani hopes to change that by taking portraits of famous photographers holding their most iconic or favorite photos in his new book Behind Photographs: Archiving Photographic Legends.Mantoani has shot over 150 of these portraits in the last five years, most of which are contained in the book.
“I felt like there was kind of this void,” says Mantoani. “There were all these anonymous photographers out there who have not been given enough credit.
Mantoani, a San Diego-based commercial and editorial photographer who is well known for his portrait work, decided to challenge his own craftsmanship by shooting the portraits on the enormous 20×24 Polaroid format. Only a few 20×24 Polaroid cameras still exist, and the film can be prohibitively expensive — about $200 per shot. [ wired ]
To find out more or purchase a copy of the book, please visit the Behind Photographs website.
- littlemissrandom23 reblogged this from thecoolsumist
- movingonandanicecigar reblogged this from arugamama
- arugamama reblogged this from thecoolsumist
- whatgoescomesaround likes this
- robotkritten reblogged this from thecoolsumist and added:
- jklphotoblog likes this
- beanhive likes this
- chaydenphoto likes this
- missourifornian reblogged this from thecoolsumist
- thecoolsumist posted this